Pivoting arm for Ducato right bike rack
The opinion Campi
The Van-Swing swivel module allows the bike carrier to be moved to the side. You can therefore use your Campinambulle travel trunk without having to remove the bikes or disassemble the bike rack.
Pivoting arms mount on a hitch and are compatible with all makes and models of hitch-mounted bike racks (bike rack not included and sold separately).
- Standard ball joint: to install the swivel arm, you need a hitch with a standard ball joint (vertical plate with two or four holes).
- Gooseneck: if your hitch has a classic gooseneck (bolted on the hitch), you must replace the gooseneck with a plate (sold separately).
- Removable gooseneck without tools: if your hitch has a removable gooseneck without tools, unfortunately it is not possible to replace the gooseneck with a standard ball joint, you must therefore change the hitch.
Attention ! Once installed, the pivoting arm extends your vehicle by approximately 20 cm.
Load recovery part
The swivel arm has a load take-up part located at the right end of the swivel arm. This part attaches to the chassis of the vehicle.
- Fiat Ducato: the part is standard and delivered with the package (it must be drilled and sometimes recovered by one to two centimeters depending on the ducato models).
- Other vehicles: the load recovery part must be made to measure for the adapter to the vehicle chassis. You can do it yourself if you have the skills and equipment to work with metal. Otherwise, it is a service that we will present to you at the same time as the installation.
Note that the model's trailer socket is a 13-pin socket. If your hitch is fitted with a 7-pin plug, you can fit an adapter.
The swivel arm is not approved for towing a trailer. There are 4 bolts to remove it and put a hitch ball back in place.
The Van-Swing is a pivoting module that fits on the ball (ball joint) between the tow bar and the bike carrier. The Van-Swing can be mounted on a standard trailer hitch with a standard ball joint. You can put your bike rack on the Van-Swing. You don't need to remove the bikes or the rack, if you want to open the rear doors or the tailgate. The Van-Swing allows the carrier to be swung sideways so that both rear doors can be opened simultaneously.
The Van-Swing is strictly designed as a solution for rotating the rack and towing is not permitted. A 13-pin socket for extending the towbar wiring socket is supplied, as are the vehicle-specific support arms included in delivery.